This is the second time i have made these cinnamon buns and everyone loves them so i decided to share them with you. they are pretty easy to make and they are great as gifts. this recipe makes 16 buns and takes about an hour to make.
What you will need for the dough
- 150 g margarine
- 5 dl milk
- 50 g dry yeast
- A pinch of sea salt
- 100 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 15 dl whole wheat flour
- 300 g room tempered butter
- 100 g sugar
- 5 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Melt the butter and add it to the milk, it should be lukewarm. Put the yeast in a baking bowl and at a little of the milk and butter mixture until the yeast has dissolved then add the rest of the mixture.
- Add salt, sugar and egg to the mixture before slowly adding the flour until you have a loose dough. Save the rest of the flour for later. cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rise for 40 min.
- Set the oven to 250 c
- Mix together butter with sugar and cinnamon until you have a smooth and even filling. Roll out the dough and add the rest of the flour until you have and nice and even dough. Roll the dough out in a square that is approximately half cm thick. Evenly spread the filling and roll the dough up. Cut the dough in half and repeat until they are about 4 cm thick.
- Place them on some parchment paper and coat them with a beaten egg and some sugar. Bake them in the middle of the oven for about 7 – 8 min.
If you try this recipe please comment below and tell me how they turned out or if you have any other recipes or suggestions.