This is one of my favorite dinners it is delicious and quick to make. This soup is very creamy and has a nice sweet taste from the peas. There is no need for dairy products because the potatoes will give the soup its creamy texture. Serves 4-6 people.
You will need
600g frozen peas
one and a half liters of water
2 vegetable stock cubes
1 yellow onion
5 small potatoes
How to make it
- Chop the onion and sauté it in olive oil. add the two cubes of vegetable stock and mix until dissolved.You can add any other spices if you want i like to add mild curry powder and cumin powder.
- Boil the water in separately.
- Chop the potatoes and add them to the onions and coat them with the oil and spices. Then add the peas.
- Pour the boiling water over and let it simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Pour the soup into a blender or use a hand mixer and blend until smooth.
- Serve with some garlic bread and some sour cream drizzled on top.