Me and my little sister decided to go out and pick some wild blueberries and strawberries. They grow on side of the road where we live and a lot of them where ripe right now. There is something so special about picking wild berries and bringing them home in a little basket, every summer we would walk our dogs and stop every so often to pick some berries and eat them right there while our fingers would turn blue.
This is the second time i have made these cinnamon buns and everyone loves them so i decided to share them with you. they are pretty easy to make and they are great as gifts. this recipe makes 16 buns and takes about an hour to make.
What you will need for the dough
- 150 g margarine
- 5 dl milk
- 50 g dry yeast
- A pinch of sea salt
- 100 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 15 dl whole wheat flour
- 300 g room tempered butter
- 100 g sugar
- 5 teaspoons of cinnamon
- Melt the butter and add it to the milk, it should be lukewarm. Put the yeast in a baking bowl and at a little of the milk and butter mixture until the yeast has dissolved then add the rest of the mixture.
- Add salt, sugar and egg to the mixture before slowly adding the flour until you have a loose dough. Save the rest of the flour for later. cover the dough with plastic wrap and let it rise for 40 min.
- Set the oven to 250 c
- Mix together butter with sugar and cinnamon until you have a smooth and even filling. Roll out the dough and add the rest of the flour until you have and nice and even dough. Roll the dough out in a square that is approximately half cm thick. Evenly spread the filling and roll the dough up. Cut the dough in half and repeat until they are about 4 cm thick.
- Place them on some parchment paper and coat them with a beaten egg and some sugar. Bake them in the middle of the oven for about 7 – 8 min.
If you try this recipe please comment below and tell me how they turned out or if you have any other recipes or suggestions.
I thought i should start this blog by telling you a little about myself. My name is Sol Maria and i am 18 years old, i live in the Norwegian countryside with my mother, father, little sister and our two dogs.I love doing creative things such as cooking, sewing, knitting and lots of other stuff. I am also a feminist and a vegetarian. I have always loved reading other blogs and i am not going to lie i have tried this blog thing a couple of times before and it always ends with me forgetting it for a couple of months and then my interests have changed so much that my blog no longer is what i want it to be. So what is so different about this time, well this blog is going to be more personal and i am not going to be so strict with myself. I want this blog to be a place where i can post things that inspire me and the things i experience going through life. I will be posting recipes, DIYs and snippets from my daily life and probably a lot of random things. Our family likes to travel a lot so i will try to document my travels as much as possible on this blog. Well i think this is enough for now.